Active real estate management is aimed at proper shaping of the city space as well as achieving sustainable development. In the current planning document, which is the Study of conditions and directions for spatial development of the city of Szczecin, the basic principles of real estate management have been indicated, compliance with which affects the achievement of the above objective.
One of them is to conduct an active policy in the field of real estate management, consisting the sale, purchase, exchange and consolidation of land for the purposes specified in the planning documents. Every year, the city develops an investment offer for creating conditions for the economic development of Szczecin addressed to potential domestic and foreign investors. Promotional activities are carried out, the most important of which are:
- creating a positive image of the City,
- informing about the activities of the City in terms of its development,
- informing on the leading economic sectors developing in the City,
- informing interested potential investors about the possibilities of investing in our city by offering urban areas for sale, perpetual usufruct or lease for commercial, residential, recreation and leisure and industry purpose,
- establishing contacts with potential investors (eg. through fairs, presentations, conferences)
Activities in this area include tasks such as:
- preparing and issuing investment offers of the City,
- adaptation of the offer to the requirements of potential investors depending on the given project,
- establishing cooperation with domestic and foreign investors, including providing investors with comprehensive information about the procedure of investing in the City – services for investors, providing information on national and local investment incentives.
These incentives consist of:
- introduction of facilitations in setting up and running a business – for this purpose, it operates Entrepreneur Service Centre in Szczecin City Hall,
- granting credit guarantees and loans to entrepreneurs – Szczecin Metropolitan Development Agency Ltd. gencja Rozwoju Metropolii Szczecińskiej) and Szczecin Loan Fund Ltd. (Szczeciński Fundusz Pożyczkowy) – with 100% City participation,
- supporting the implementation and innovative activities of Szczecin's entrepreneurs – Szczecin Science and Technology Park Ltd. (Szczeciń- ski Park Naukowo-Technologiczny) – with 100% City participation,
- granting an exemption from property tax: a) as part of regional investment aid for initial investment, b) as part of de minimis aid for creating new jobs.
- the possibility of obtaining income tax exemption in the Szczecin Sub-zone SSE Euro-Park Mielec area,
- possibility to use Labor market instruments provided by the Poviat Labor Office.
- organizing meetings with potential investors interested in carrying out investments in Szczecin, to which representatives of substantive departments providing comprehensive information are invited, presentation of the City in country and abroad, preparing presentation materials on the City’s website,
- participation in organizing conferences, symposia and business seminars,
- cooperation with publishing houses and mass media in the area of publishing information about investment opportunities and City's investment offers,
- participation of the City in promotional events, fairs and exhibitions of an economic nature,
- cooperation with the Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH).
The objectives of the promotion are treated as guidelines for the implementation of the entire economic development objectives of the city. They result from the intentions, plans and directions of economic development adopted in the Development Strategy of the City of Szczecin 2025. They also result from the effectiveness of previous activities supporting economic development and previous promotional effects.
Every year, a list of land properties prepared for sale for single-family, multifamily and commercial buildings as well as a list of built-up properties is available at the Public Information Bulletin of the City of Szczecin. All information related to the investment offer of the city can be found on the dedicated website: www.invest.szczecin.eu and www.miastooferuje.szczecin.pl